Instagram

Ebates.ca

Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Felt Stories

presentation1-1I am so proud to present my very own handmade felt story of the famous, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle.
This project was part of my finals in educational portfolio of my Observation and Experimentation. This felt story is really appropriate for any age level because it is safe and interactive. My three children 9, 5 and 21 months old are having fun putting the pieces into the flannel board as I read the story.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar, teaches language and cognitive skills. When you read the story and ask a child to help you put or place the pieces of the felt sheets, the child could memorize the details of the story and they even can make their own stories particularly the life cycle of the caterpillar or butterfly. In that case, it will also teach them about science. Aside from that, the story teaches also about Mathematics as well as enhances their imaginative skills.
It helps also their Physical development (fine-motor skills) because the child will pick up pieces as you read along the stories.

Note: If somebody is interested to know the details for making this felt story, you can ask by leaving comments and I am happy to answer you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts