Instagram

Ebates.ca

Saturday, January 07, 2017

Coping Stress During an Examination

Taking an examination can be so stressful sometimes for some people particularly if we're not absolutely ready for it. Some people are wondering including myself, why stress triggered if we need something to be done importantly. Well for me, I realized that we are facing about two invincible enemies during the exam, first is the nervousness and the second is the time. These two factors will absolutely ruined our concentration and these can lead to failure towards achieving our goals.

In connection with this, I developed my own strategies of coping stress-related problems during an examination, because of course it happened to me once in a while especially if I study intensively over a short period of time before my exam for I know that I am going to forget the things I've been studied. Ridiculous but it's true.

Here are the following strategies;

1. Have a good sleep. Make it a habbit to go to bed early at night before the day of your examination to make sure that your brain is able to function properly. Fatigue can lead to brain malfunctioning because the neurons wasn't able to charge properly. This can cause for mental block!

2. Get up early and read your notes or review material once more. By preparing yourself early fort he importnt day like during an examination can be rewarding. It will reduced the pressure and help you make or become less anxious.

3. Relax yourself. Mke yourself at ease and make it enjoyable. Think that you are going to your room and write the important things you did in your diary. In this way, the tension will not to likely develop. Taking a deep breath will also a great help to release nervousness.

4. Smile confidently but don't over do it. I like this one, I even don't understand what it means when I tried to convince one of friend on how I make myself comfortable during the examination, until I realized clearly the message behind it, "think positive but don't exaggerate", this is what it is! Excessively confident will tend in believing yourself a 100% mark which we always hope for but this can cause also to frustration in the long run if you get less than perfect where it will affect our behaviour for the next examination as a consequence of this action.

5. Scan and read all the questions before you begun. By doing this, you will identify which questions are easy to answer. Don't forget to look also for how many points they're giving to that particular questions.

6. Answer first the ones that are easy and have the highest points. Most of the people will answer the #1 questions and followed the pattern, well it's good but somehow is also bad because if you get stuck, this can ruin our concentration and we just consumed our time unwisely. Remember, I mentioned about the invincible enemies, well definitely, the time fit in this category. Make sure to use the time wisely. 

GOOD LUCK!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts