Instagram

Ebates.ca

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Aquarium Birthday Cake

Aquarium Birthday Cake
This cake was heartily created for my friend's (Jovelyn) baby "Jean-Louis" who was celebrated his first birthday on September 12, 2014. I was the one who offer to make this cake as my family's gift to him.
presentation1Making fondant sea creatures was really fun even though, it took me a lot of time of creating it. Some of those figures I have had a hard time of making it, therefore I searched also online and studied carefully how to create. Although, it didn't look really the same yet I am happy with the outcome.
My friend requested fishes, octopus, and sea turtle. I also added some sea creatures and scuba diver as part of the cake decorations. To make the cake more alive, I decided to put an aquarium with three real guppies fishes on it. On top of it, was a giant octopus where one of his tail held the number 1, that represents how old the baby was.
Making this cake made my family and I so happy as part of this very important occasion. By the way, the bottom cake was Mocha cake filled with custard cream and the top was a rainbow cake filled with custard cream also. The cake was covered with Swiss butter cream icing while the decorations were made of fondant.
Although, it took me a lot of time to complete and finish the whole cake but it was really worth it, when I saw the finished product and have a nice feedback from the people I didn't even know, it was like I won a lotto. Charot!!!

So much for that, my friend gave me $100 towards it. I insisted that it was my gift but they also insisted to take the money. Well, what can I say? Thank you so much!
presentation1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts