Instagram

Ebates.ca

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Pork Adobo

One of my favorite dish is Pork Adobo. I learned to cook this dish from my mother.
My husband sometimes called this dish as sour pork, hehehe!  because I remember when I first cook adobo, I accidentally put a lot of vinegar then I also added lemon. So, when it was cook and tasted, it was so sour. Then, I practice and practice cooking. Although, it is still not perfect but at least good enough for my family.
img_0712Pork Adobo is a Filipino dish and one of the most favorite for all Filipinos around the world. The pork meat is slowly cook with soy sauce and vinegar. This dish is so simple and very easy to cook but the taste is just so delicious and everybody can't resist to taste it. Weeh di nga? hahaha....
I really have cravings for pork adobo since last month because its been a while that I haven't cook this dish. Tonight, I decided to cook pork adobo as a treat for my family and of course for me. My family loves this dish. They really enjoyed the supper.
Hmm yumyum tsalap!

Ingredients:
§  2 lbs pork belly (you can also use the other part of the pork)
§  2 tbsp chopped garlic
§  ½ cup soy sauce
§  ½ tbsp whole pepper corn
§  3 - 5 pieces dried bay leaves
§  4 tbsp of vinegar
§  1 or 1 ½ cup water
§  1 pack of NamNam flavoring
Instructions:
1.     Combine pork meat, soy sauce, and garlic together.
2.     Marinate the meat for at least 1 hour.
3.     Put the marinated pork belly inside the heated pot and cook for at least 10 minutes.
4.     When meat is slightly cook, add water, whole pepper corn, and dried bay leaves and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
5.     Put in the vinegar and again simmer for another 12 to 15 minutes.
6.     Add salt to taste as you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts