Instagram

Ebates.ca

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Mother's Day Cake

This cake is lovingly decorated by meeh! The very first mother's day cake special cake I made.
presentation1This is the third times my husband and I bake a cake from scratch. We tried to practice more in baking and decorating if we have extra time. I searched a lot of cake recipes online and I got the recipe from cake Boss website. The result is not that great because it was a little bit hard. I do not know where I made mistakes but it was still good to it. Really need more practice!
presentation1mThis was also our first time using a 9' x 3' baking pan. LOL, supposedly will cook in 25 to 30 minutes but because we put the batter almost to the top, it cook longer than expected. Almost burn! Well, at least we try.
The Butter cream icing is flavored with Baileys Irish cream whisky. I am using the Wilton Buttercream Icing but I substituted the vanilla flavor into Baileys Irish Cream Whisky. It was not bad after all, the whisky flavor was not that strong as I thought. If I ever I will make next time I will make it more to enhance the whisky flavor.
My daughter Angelynna has a very nice smile with the cake she thought for her.

My daughter was very excited for this cake because she thought that it was for her. Angelynna likes the pink roses. Furthermore, the roses I used for decoration were made of Royal Icing from Wilton recipe. Some of the roses, the dark pink (three dark pink roses) were Buttercream icing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts