Instagram

Ebates.ca

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Computer theme Cake

n
Computer Cake Theme
This cake is a Strawberry Chiffon Cake with fresh strawberry filling and butter cream icing. The recipe for this cake can be found in Martha Stewart website. The filling was chosen by my friend who ordered it and the whole cake was covered with fondant.
Anyway, this cake was ordered by my friend (Greta) for her boyfriend's 40th birthday (now her husband). This design is not really complicated, very basic and everyone can do it. All the cake toppers such as computer screen, keyboard and the mouse were made of rice crispy and covered with fondant. Making a keyboard is a little bit tricky, you must divide it carefully since the size is too small to fit the letters and the numbers. However, you can chose not to do so to save time but of course, it is nice to be detailed.
Although, this was my second time decorating and covering cake with fondant I can tell that I made a very big improvements. Yay! the fondant cover is almost perfect. I was really happy with the results and the feedback I heard from the guests of the celebrant were awesome. It made my heart melt and convinced me that I can really bake and decorate an awesome cake.
Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts