Instagram

Ebates.ca

Sunday, January 22, 2017

3-Tiered Yellow 80th Birthday Cake


Three Tiered 80th Birthday Cake with yellow fondant roses

This cake is one of the best cakes I ever made so far. Hehehe, I am so proud! This was heartily baked and decorated for my loving aunt Mama Eda for her 80th birthday on the 20th of September. It was really my honor to make the cake. When my cousin contacted me to do this craft, I was so happy. For me this was just like more than a gift because making this huge cake made me realized that truly I can do cake decorations and experienced a new way of creative thinking. Well, of course I did some researched on how to stack the cakes, making flowers and the figurine.

The roses were made of mixed fondant and gumpaste. I made all of those ahead of time to make it hard. The figurine was made of just fondant. I'm having a hard time making that figurine; it took me a while to figure it out how to make a granny looks. The lovely granny figurine that holds flowers setting on a lovely fondant chair surrounded with yellow flowers added to the great looks of my cake which made me very proud. The butter cream icing grass made the cake stand out.


 The flavors of the cake were mocha and buko pandan as my cousin Criselda requested. I never had a taste on it but I heard comments from my cousins and some other guests. At the party, one of the guests who seated beside me said to the woman beside him (Ithought is his wife), he doesn't like chocolate cake, so he pushes the cake away from him. While I was listening at their conversation, the woman told the guy, just taste it! So the man tasted the cake a little bit and his reaction made me so happy and content because he liked it then he asked for more cake LOLz...

Mama Eda was very happy when I presented the cake for her and so I am very happy too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts