Instagram

Ebates.ca

Friday, March 17, 2017

My Ideal Arts Classroom


My ideal art room may have some characteristics that are different from the regular classroom. One important thing I may consider first is the four corner wall since this is the foundation for all learning activity. What I mean for this is the painting and accommodation; it should be comfortable, calm and inviting for children to enjoy and have fun while staying and learning in my art room. On the first wall, there will be a display art gallery of their finished product, so that it is easy for them to review and discuss their works. Aside from that, there will be also a display cabinet on the second wall, this will be for the architectural-sculptural artworks and it should be near the windows facing to the hallways where teachers and other students can see the display. My third wall will be the storage and lockers where I can store all my valuable things, arts stuff and or any materials involving arts and crafts. On the last wall, will be my smart board and some electrical outlets. Talking about storage, there will be a lot of shelves and drying racks. Includes with these are deep and wider drawer for large paper and posters if any. In my art room, every inch of space is considered valuable.

Lighting is a must in arts room. There will be lights on the middle of the room and if there is natural light coming from the window, curtains will be applied if necessary. Direct and zoned lighting is important so these options will be present in my ideal art room. Students will be comfortable putting their creative imagination into real piece of arts if light is very compelling.

Sink is also vital in arts room. This is where the students do their cleaning, like washing arts tools and hand. The location will be beside the corner of working counter space, it is large and resistant of acid or any chemicals. So much for that, I consider also the flooring that it is sealed and not carpeted. It is easy for the students to clean up the mess. In addition, there will be an exhausted fan to suck up dust or any undesirable odors or particles to make the atmosphere clean and breathe safely. Also cupboards, working counters are present, those will be located below the hanging work displays and beside the smart board.

All my art supply will be non-toxic, it is expensive but it is worthy to make sure that all students are safe. I even consider introducing a recycled product, in this way, we can save money and help the environment. Like, paper bag, cardboard boxes, plastic bottles, etc. can be useful in making arts.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts