Instagram

Ebates.ca

Thursday, March 16, 2017

MOMMY Nursery Rhyme felt story

This felt story is one of my final project during my last semester in Early Childhood Education at TAV College. It is also one of my favorite.

I got this idea on one of the blog when I search for a unique nursery rhyme. I really like the idea that she uses MOMMY in replace of "BINGO". Therefore, it came into my mind, to make a nice felt stories about mommy in the tune of "Bingo" dedicated to all mommies around the world especially to my Nanay (mother).

It is really a cute idea that can be use in teaching early childhood education during the celebration of mother's day. If you have felt board you can easily used and sing the nursery rhyme in the tune of "BINGO". However, if felt board is not available you can still use by placing them into your dress as you sing the nursery rhyme.


MOMMY
(Bingo)

I have a very cool friend
And Mommy is her name-O
M O M M Y
M O M M Y
M O M M Y
And Mommy is her name-O

(Follow the sequence/tune like BINGO)


My children loves to sing this improvise nursery rhyme and I am sure the other children too. The felt story will actually help the children to show their love for their mother. They will also learn the perfect nursery rhyme intended for their mother and they will appreciate more how the mother is important for them, not only being a mom but mommy can be their best friend too.


Materials I used for making MOMMY FELT STORY
·                  felt sheets of different colors
·                  glue gun 
·                  pattern for mommy 
·                  needle and thread
·                  googly eyes
Note: for the mommy pattern I draw it first and then I cut it together with the felt sheets. If someone is interested you can search online a mommy pattern or you can use even the mommy clip arts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts