Instagram

Ebates.ca

Friday, March 17, 2017

What a Coincidence?

My due date for giving birth to my third child will supposedly on September 11, however, due to some complications during my pregnancy the doctor decided to take the baby out before this date and that was last month of August the 11th. My baby is now a month old.
I was not really hoping to have my baby born at this date because this was the date of my father’s death. I was really hoping that my baby will be born after this date but to save the life of my baby I left with no choice.

Is it really a coincidence? When I knew that I am pregnant early this year, I spoke to my husband and told him “What if the baby will be born the same date as my father passed away?” Until now, I am still mourning for his death, maybe somehow, our Heavenly Father finds a way to fulfill the gaps of my happiness as of this moment? I really don’t know. My husband told me that my thoughts was impossible so I just leave it hanging and said to myself. I am just thinking too much and worried.

The periods of my pregnancy went well until the month of July. The gestational diabetes went bad and so the condition of the baby inside. I never had an ultrasound this much until the month of July which was done every 48 hours after nurses monitored the baby’s heartbeat. I was so worried for everything but left everything to God’s hand, whatever happens, there’s a reason for it. I never forget the gesture of the doctor three days before the 11th of August, while doing the ultrasound. She tried to smile at me and spoke calmly about the situation of my baby. She did not really pointed-out that C section within 24 to 48 hours will be done depending on the changes of the condition inside. But when I went to see the doctor for diabetes he said that my C-section will be on the 11th of August thus he gave me instructions on how to prepare myself, this involved of how much dosage I had to take of the insulin the night before the operation.

After two days which was August 11, 2013 I went back to the hospital for monitor and ultrasound. It was so devastating when I heard the baby’s heartbeats stopped every minute. I started to cry and panicked, same views when the doctor did the ultrasound right after the heartbeat monitor. The baby didn’t move at all. What we heard was just hiccups and that wasn’t counted as movement. Right at that moment, the doctor decided for the emergency C-section. The operation lasted for almost 5 hours. The doctor confirmed that was the most difficult operation she ever had.


Until now, I still can’t imagine how coincidence was my thought of having my baby born same date as my father’s death? Frankly speaking, I have mix emotions sad and happiness at the same time, thinking and of course celebrating two different events in one.

(Re-post from my deleted blog way back 2013) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts