Instagram

Ebates.ca

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Birthday Cake Basket Weave Design

Birthday Cake Basket Weave Design
My friend (Jean) ordered this basket weaved design birthday cake for her mother in law. This was made in a rush hour. I felt so worried that she may not like the cake but I got a good feedback that the celebrant liked the cake very much.


2captchaThe cake was Vanilla cake filled with strawberry jam. I got the recipe from cake boss website. Anyhow, this was the second time I tried the Basket-weave technique in decorating cake. Looking at the design, its looks very simple and easy to do however, it’s not really easy, it really need more careful because you might forget whether vertical or you are already in the horizontal line. As new to this technique I forgot several lines but I managed to hide it with some decorations like the flowers or the leaves on it or around it.

The flowers I made were a combination of butter cream icing, royal icing and gum-paste. In my experienced, it is really not good idea to decorate cake in a rush because if you make mistake there will be no time to fix it. Fortunately in my case I have made several royal icing flowers and gum-paste flowers so it turned it very handy.

By the way, thanks to my friend Jean who trusted and gave me an opportunity to explore my creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts