Instagram

Ebates.ca

Saturday, January 07, 2017

DJ with his Yoskuhan Yellow Belt

DJ with his Yoskuhan Yellow Belt
We were so very proud of our son DJ for having the yellow belt. on 6:45 pm of December 5, 2012. Congratulations DJ, you made it! 

After 6 weeks of training, examination day was set and that was last Wednesday of November 2012. My husband was so excited and so my son. They asked me to go with them in the venue. We arrived very early to know that his name was not on the list to be eligible for performing the exam. My husband and I was hurt. My husband dropped his face and asked the teacher why his name was not there. The teacher replied that he was not ready, perhaps next year. So, I said to my husband, that was okay, it was not the end of the world and reminded him not to tell our son that his not doing the exam.

Well, while others performing the karate, DJ (my son) hands up and told the teacher he also wants to do it but unfortunately, they just ignored him. They just focused on grading the kids who performed the exam. My husband was kept on talking to me and continued to blame the two other kids why our son couldn't concentrate and understand the instructions. Anyhow, I said to him, maybe next year he will do good. Not to worry, it was just the beginning of his journey in karate world.

It was really a big surprise when the head instructor called his name during the awarding night which was also the last night for the session and gave the yellow belt. DJ was among of the 11 lucky students to received yellow belt.


Surprised: Yoshukan Yellow Belt

Anyhow, how and why he got his belt without passing the exam? 
According to the head instructor, he was observing the students (those that included in the exam and those who didn't) for two nights. He was surprised that my son's name was not included in the list. His judging all performances and he seen that my son knows a lot and saw his potentials and therefore he gave him the yellow belt. It was such a great surprised!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts