Instagram

Ebates.ca

Saturday, January 07, 2017

A Cute Kid Of Mine

This poem is heartily and lovingly dedicated to my eldest son David Emeliano Ward a.k.a DJ. I made this poem a month after I gave birth to him. Due to my complications I was sleeping for more than a days. I missed his first cry, I missed that glance for the first time before the doctor or the nurse took him to clean him up.

I remember I heard somebody saying "Hello madam, congratulations for having a healthy baby boy". Everything for me that time was blurred however, I knew that I have a baby. I cannot moved my body that very moment, but I tried to open my eyes because I want to see my him. My heart was filled with joy and contentment when I saw him on his crib beside me. 

 A Cute Kid of Mine

(Beloved DJ)

Truly I didn't saw you when you were born 
For I was sleeping two days long
Epidural, anesthesia and some medicine knocked me down
So your daddy took care of you as the days go along.

I never heard your first cry
Nor laugh or blob and I sighed
Three days when I woke up, you're in sight
An adorable, little one, perfect and right.

To me you are my everything
You fill my world and I'm hoping
Happiness and joy instead of suffering
Pain and trials that we're battling.

I love you DJ, my dearest little one
I'm so proud of you, that you are my son
My love for you is more than an ocean
Nothing compares and beyond.

Previously posted, MLJ, Yahoo! Contributor Network (My Beloved DJ)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts