Instagram

Ebates.ca

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Purple Velvet Birthday Cake

10847582_10153709928479848_7949946411296268046_o
Wonderfully done! Good job to me... hahaha...
Another great achievement and experienced given to me from a good friend Jovelyn who believes my talent. Thank you for your trust. Well, I bugged my friend a little bit just because I just wanted to do it, I really want to make more experiment. Purple and golden yellow are my favorite color, so, I really insisted. This was another Mocha cake dressed with beautiful and sweet purple fondant decorated with golden yellow ribbons and white roses.
As a beginner, covering square cake with fondant is difficult, this is because of the corners and of course I am not use of using fondant to cover the cake, I still prefer buttercream coated cake. For the ribbons and the roses, I made them ahead of time, since it needs to be dry. Actually, the original feature of the cake was not planned like what the picture showed.
10984268_10153709929784848_4306063687072213368_n


My friend sent me a picture to follow however when I stacked the cake together,I didn't like the outcome. I felt like there is something missing piece on it. It's true indeed! The original cake was 3-tiered but my friend wanted to have 2-tiered cake. This was the reason why I changed the position of the cake a little bit and added happy birthday on the side of the cake on top. I also added two hearts with the celebrant names and two love birds.
I really love the result, it was really worthy the efforts. The contentment in my part was really wonderful. The price of the cake is $150 but the happiness and the moment itself when I saw my sweet arts is far beyond that. I almost cried that for the first time making this cake is almost perfect.
Before I forgot, the flavor of the cake is Mocha as per request of my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts