Instagram

Ebates.ca

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Pineapple Chicken

20161001_181859
I remember my late tatay (father) cooked pineapple chicken, it was so delicious, yet I did not get his recipe. Before, I have no interest in cooking and have no plan to learn at all. However, when I start to have my own family, there is no option of saying "NO" I do not want to learn because "I have to" and "I need to" learn to cook for my family.
Pineapple chicken is what I always craved for and would like to introduce to my family. Thus, thanks to Mr. Google for I found the recipe that I want well, I found several recipes but I chose the recipe I found in Panlasang Pinoy but I omit some of the ingredients. This is because of husband's request.
The dish is so delicious and my family loves the taste...
Ingredients
§  2 lbs. chicken, cut into serving pieces (I use upper thigh boneless chicken cut into cube)
§  12 ounces cannedpineapple chunks
1 bell pepper (cubed)
§  1 medium carrot (cubed)
§  ½ cup fresh milk
§  2 tbsp garlic, minced
§  sliced onion
§  2 tbsp cooking oil
§  1 potato cube (optional)
§  salt to taste with a pinched of Ginisa mix flavor
Instructions
1.     Marinate the chicken in pineapple juice. Use the juice from the can of pineapple chunks for 20 to 30 minutes.
2.     Pour the cooking oil in a cooking pot.
3.     Sauté the garlic and onion.
4.     Put the chicken on the pot and cook until color turns light brown.
5.     Add potato (this is optional, it is my choice to add potato)
6.     Add pineapple juice/concentrate marinade and fresh milk then bring to a boil.
7.     Add pineapple chunks and simmer until the chicken is tender and half of the liquid evaporates.
8.     Put the carrots in and simmer for 5 minutes.
9.     Add the bell pepper then simmer for 3 minutes. Season with salt with the ginisa mix.
10.  Remove from the cooking pot / casserole and transfer to a serving dish.
11.  Serve hot. Share and enjoy!

Source: Original recipe from Panlasang Pinoy. I omit some for the ingredients that I did not use in my cooking and add potato. If you want the original recipe just go to Panlasang Pinoy website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts