Instagram

Ebates.ca

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Finding Nemo Birthday Cake


b

Finding Nemo Birthday Cake
This Finding Nemo under water theme birthday cake was baked and decorated by myself. I had found online a Finding Nemo cake as my guide and or reference several years ago that looks similar as this one but I know that was baked and decorated by professional and mine were no match! However, I couldn't find that picture so, I cannot post the link here yet I still give her a credit as the original designer for this cake.
10411046_10153471133739848_2041407735188332469_nTruly, I never thought I could make this amazingly beautiful cake. Well, in my own eyes yes it is! The theme was suggested by my eldest son who knew he had this theme when he celebrated his first birthday too. When you look at the design it looks like very detailed and complicated, hmmm, maybe not! ! For me as a new cake decorator, I felt difficult at first, I attempted several times with no success but I continued until I finished this project for my youngest son's first birthday.
Friends were asking how I did the arch? The arch was made of rice crispy. This was made ahead of time because it took time to get hard. I made the arch about 1 week in advance. Some details on the arch I made two days before the party like mushroom or something. Several attempt were made before I satisfied with the result. Although, it was not perfect yet I was absolutely satisfied and proud.
Fishes like Doris and Marlin were made by my friend (Gerasil) who is also good in baking and decorating cake. All other fishes, Nemo, the turtle, etc were created by myself. They're made ahead of time too, like two days or so.
The cake on the left side is Vanilla cake and on the right is Strawberry cake both were frosted with buttercream icing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts