Instagram

Ebates.ca

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Puto Cheese

presentation1
It is called "Rice Puto" these are mini rice cake in Filipino version. These are delicious mini rice cake from the Philippines sweet delicacy.
However, my children protested "NO!!!" well, I said you can call them whatever you want. LOLz.
The recipe that I followed is from the Goldilocks recipe that I found online since year 2006. But at this time I cannot find the recipe I was using. The recipe posted below... I found it in other site. http://www.filipino-food-recipes.com/puto.html
INGREDIENTS
§  3 2/3 cups Rice Flour (or 1 pound bag)
§  1 can Coconut Milk
§  3 cups hot water
§  4 teaspoons Double-Acting Baking Powder
§  1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence(optional)
§  1 1/2 cup Sugar
§  1 stick butter, softened
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes plus 1 1/2 hour for letting the mix rise.
COOKING TIME: 35 minutes
1 Mix together the coconut milk and rice flour. Add the sugar and softened butter.
2 Heat up the water and add to the rice flour mixture. Strain and let it cool down thoroughly.
3 Add the baking powder and vanilla essence and set aside for an hour and a half.
4 Pour the mix on a lined muffin pan up to 2/3 full.
5 Steam for 25 - 30 minutes or until the top is firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6 Let it cool down before taking out of the pan.
When I cook this yummy snacks I do not put cheese as per request of my kiddos, they love it without the cheese on top.
Source: Lutong Pinoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts