Instagram

Ebates.ca

Monday, July 30, 2018

Ivy Fairy Mini-Garden and Benefits of Ivy Plants

Another collection of plant that is now growing in my mini-garden is Ivy. So far she's doing well despite my children keep on touching the fairy, mushroom and everything that they see on the pot. My youngest Angelo tried to decorate also with his toys!!! He has also his own imagination.

Making miniature garden is one way of helping me relieve from stress everyday and of course collecting houseplants. Making them is just my newly found hobby to continue living with my art of imagination. 



The picture on the side is the original miniature ivy fairy miniature garden with mushroom fairy house, yet my youngest Angelo, took and broke it. So, I just replace it with mushroom. If ever I have time to make the mushroom house, I will try to make it again... probably summer I hope so.
How did I make this Ivy-Fairy Miniature Garden? Making it is very simple, simply gather all the materials you need. Most of the pot people are using have holes to drain the water so roots of the plants are not soak in the water that causes to rot and plants will die however, you ca use also non-holes pot. It just be careful not to over water the plants. In this Mini garden I am using bowl. 
For no holes pot, what I did? was I put gravel on the bottom of the bowl/pot, then add the dirt, the gravel serves as a drainage. Water the plants once every two weeks.
I am not an expert about this but it works for me, so maybe it works for you too. Happy gardening.
I'm collecting plants because what I know will helps purify the air inside the house. Of course, as I'm into this hobby, I started researching if there are other benefits for having this plants. I was really surprised because Ivy plants has a lot of health benefits. In the website Organic Facts, there are 6 Impressive Benefits listed such as:
  • Anti-inflammatory Effects
  • Detoxifies the body
  • Skin Care
  • Relieves Congestion
  • Prevent Cancer
  • Anti-bacterial properties
Wow, I never thought that these plant have these listed benefits, AMAZING!!! 
English Ivy is also listed as number one best-air purifying plant by NASA because it is most efficient plant in absorbing formaldehyde.
By the way, there are different types of Ivy, I have had 3 kinds unfortunately, one died, the other one; trying to survive and this one on the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day.

Popular Posts